Jump locks are easy-to-use jump rings that "lock" securely into place with just a simple twist of the wrist!
Here's how they work:
- Use two Smooth or Nylon Jaw Chain Nose pliers to grip the sides of the Jumplock at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions, with the opening at the top.
- Holding the left side steady, twist the right side of the ring one quarter-turn away from you. Place your chain, charm, or finding onto the Jumplock.
- While continuing to hold the left side steady, twist the right side back toward you a quarter-turn past the closed position.
- Begin to bring your Jumplock into the closed position. As you twist back, very gently push the right side in just enough to make sure that the edges of the two ends make contact with each other. As you reach the closed position, you will hear a click.
- Twist the right side back and forth very slightly to align the two ends and finish hardening the metal into the closed position. The ring is now "LOCKED" securely.